Sunday 25 November 2012

Review and Swatches: OPI Skyfall nail polish

Hello!

I've caught James Bond fever lately. The Skyfall collection by OPI is inspired by and named after Bond films. From this collection, I bought Skyfall, Live and Let Die and The World Is Not Enough. Today's review is on Skyfall.

Swatch of Skyfall Nail Polish by OPI.
Swatch of Skyfall Nail Polish by OPI.




Review:
  • Colour: I have to say this is my least favourite of the three I bought. It's a maroon that leans heavily on the brown side, which is disappointing as in the bottle, it looks like a dark red. It's not ugly, but it's not exciting, either.
  • Formulation: The formula was OK but not extraordinary. OPI usually does well with darker shades and this is no exception; it took 2 coats to get the opacity you see in the photo.
  • Cost: AUD$19.95. I got it when David Jones had a 25% off sale but I wouldn't buy it again. There are much prettier colours out there.

Final Verdict: B
Nice but boring maroon-brown nail polish.

xo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- I would love to hear from you!