Sunday 4 November 2012

Review and Swatches: Lime Crime Carousel Gloss in Candy Apple

Hello!

Do you love the look of brilliantly red, shiny, sparkly lips? I do. I've loved the look of this gloss ever since I saw swatches of it online and I've waited for what feels like forever to get my hands on this. It's Lime Crime's Carousel Gloss in Candy Apple. It's a red glitter lipgloss.

This is the stock photo from Lime Crime.
 Here's the swatch:

Lime Crime Candy Apple Carousel Gloss
Lime Crime Candy Apple Carousel Gloss
So, this is the deal:
  • Colour: This is a shiny, red-based opaque red lip gloss with red sparkles. One thing I will say is that it's nowhere near as dark as the stock photos. The stock photos make it look like it's a blackened red. It's not. It's a medium blue-based red.
  • Application: It's thick, but applies easily. The applicator it comes with is OK but not fantastic. Mine had a couple of bristles in wayward directions, so I had to be careful.
  • Texture: It's smooth and not sticky or grainy.
  • Longevity: It lasts a fair while, for a gloss- 3 hours without eating or drinking.
  • Pigmentation: Great pigmentation, it's practically a lipstick. I didn't use much product at all to get the swatch above- it's opaque and beautiful.
  • Cost: It's USD$16.99 but Lime Crime charges shipping to Australia (USD$10.95, flat rate therefore buy more things to make it worth it).

Lime Crime suggests that for a more intense look, you layer it over Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Glamour 101 (described as a dark retro-red).
I did and this is what it looks like:

Lime Crime Candy Apple Carousel Gloss over Glamour 101
Lime Crime Candy Apple Carousel Gloss
over Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Glamour 101.
It's a fair bit darker and it's goregous. This lasted 3 hours without eating or drinking (can't tell you how long it would last with eating and drinking as I went to bed) and even when I blotted it, the colour and sparkle, though not the shine, remained. To get it off, I had to use a grainy face wash. Lasting power is great.

Final Verdict: A
Beautiful, shiny, sparkly, opaque, blue-based red lip gloss.

Have you tried this or the other Carousel glosses? What do you think of them?

xo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- I would love to hear from you!