Wednesday 19 September 2012

Review: Rimmel 'The MAX' mascaras

Hello!

Here's a short and sweet review on the Rimmel "The MAX" mascaras.

For $19.95 (very cheap!), I bought a pack of three Rimmel mascaras:

  • The MAX Bold Curves
  • The MAX Volume Flash
  • The Max Volume Flash waterproof.


All three claim to do amazing things and come with the usual heavily photoshopped mascara ads.

Image from: http://www.rimmellondon.com/au/products/max-bold-curves/


Final Verdict: B-

The formulas are OK. Not groundbreakingly amazing, but solid.

What's the problem?

The brushes. If you like a more natural lash look, you'll probably be quite happy with them. They don't give me that 'big lash' look I love, so in my opinion, they're not good enough. They don't capture enough eyelashes at once and they don't coat them thickly enough.

How do I deal with having bought three decent mascara formulations that came with brushes I don't really like?
I still use them, I just brush the formula onto my Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express brush use it that way.

I hope you found this useful.

xo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- I would love to hear from you!