Saturday 29 September 2012

Review: Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara

Hello!

In this post I'll be reviewing one of my favourites, Benefit's BADgal Lash mascara. The description for this product is: " The BADgal line of mascaras from Benefit are full of "BAD-itude!" The rich, sexy formula and oversized brush build thick, beautiful and bodacious lashes. BADgal Lash (the original) is like a set of sexy black false eyelashes...without the glue!"

Benefit BADGal Lash Mascara
Picture from: http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/badgal-lash-mascara




Benefit wasn't a brand I'd used before and I bought this on a whim, not having any idea what to expect. It's become one of my beauty staples. I LOVE this mascara, but not for the reasons Benefit gives. Why, then? Because this mascara does not smudge and does not leave mascara fallout after a full day's wear. The formula is such that it creates an almost gel-like coating around your lashes, which defines, extends and blackens beautifully. When you wash it off, you actually get little lash-casts coming off. That's cool but it's not the point. The point is that this stuff doesn't make a mess, it doesn't smudge and it lasts all day (12hours+). This is why it's my HOLY GRAIL work mascara. It's also my finishing step with other mascaras at night. I'll use my Maybelline mascara first and then "seal" it with this to make it last longer.

In terms of all the stuff Benefit says, I don't agree about the false eyelash claim. I've found this mascara is great for definition and length, but I can't say it's the most volumising mascara I've ever tried. It doesn't dispense a lot of product on the first application, either- you need 2-4 swipes on each eye to get the effect in my pictures. The best I can do is show you a before and after:

No mascara with Chanel Ombres Perlees De Chanel eyshadow
Before mascara

Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara with Chanel Ombres Perlees De Chanel eyshadow
After using Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara

Cost: 8.5g for AUS$48. EXPENSIVE. I bought mine online, from America where it retails for USD$19. It was part of a bigger lot of buys, so shipping worked out pretty well.

  • We interrupt this makeup review for a short moment of retail outrage. For the same product, we're paying more than double the price (not just numerically but considering AUD>USD at the moment). Yes, we Aussies do get ripped off and it is incredibly frustrating. The only solution I've found is the internet.

Final verdict: 
A. Does not come off. Lengthens, defines, blackens. Great day mascara! Buy it online if you don't want to be ripped off.

If you're wondering about the eye look above, it's done using the Chanel Ombres Perlees De Chanel eyshadow palette. There is a How-To and a review coming soon- I just have to see how it wears throughout the day!

xo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment- I would love to hear from you!